Safety at The Pavilion
The Pavilion strives to create an environment in which our guests are safe, informed and can always enjoy the show.
Across the board, our top priority is the safety of our guests and staff. We have continued to build on our relationships with community partners, leaders and health organizations to help ensure that your next concert and event experience is as safe as possible. Here are some of the things we are doing:
- All guests, staff and vendors will be required to wear face coverings.
- Masks must cover the wearer's nose and mouth.
- Masks may be removed when consuming food or drink.
- No bags or purses will be permitted into the venue to minimize contact and expedite the entry process.
- Diaper Bags and medically necessary items requiring a bag are permitted.
No Food or Beverages:
- No food or beverages will be allowed into the venue to minimize contact and expedite the entry process.
No Blankets, Tarps or Pillows:
- No blankets, tarps or pillows will be permitted into the venue to minimize contact and expedite the entry process.
- 4 Pavilion lawn chairs will be provided inside of each lawn pod.
Dedicated Entry/Exit and Plaza Areas:
- Color-coded seating locations will coordinate with color-coded entry/exit gates and plazas for concessions, restrooms and merchandise stands to reduce foot traffic and guest interactions.
- You can find the color of your seating location on the face of your e-ticket once you have downloaded it. You will enter through the same color gate.
- No cash will be accepted at the venue, to include at all concessions stands, to minimize the number of high-touch exchanges.
- Reduced seating capacity to allow for social distancing throughout the venue.
- Guests should maintain 6 feet of social distance from those outside of your “pod”, including while in line, in the seating area, when exiting, etc.,
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitization Methods:
- Rigorous cleaning processes have been increased to clean and disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas.
Hand Sanitization Products:
- Directional signage will help you locate hand sanitizing stations made available through the venue.
- Where practicable, social distancing will be instituted in our restrooms.
- Restrooms will be equipped with touchless sinks, soap dispensers and hand towels.
Staff Health Screening:
- All staff members who enter the building will go through a health screening, which includes a questionnaire and temperature check.
- Staff are required to stay home if they have respiratory illness symptoms consistent with COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting results from a COVID-19 test or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or is presumptive positive for COVID-19.
Guest Health Screening:
- We ask that all guests stay home if they have respiratory illness symptoms consistent with COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting results from a COVID-19 test or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or is presumptive positive for COVID-19. If you feel ill after you are at the venue, you should go directly to First Aid.
- For more information on COVID-19 consistent symptoms, head here.
All Pavilion events are rain or shine.
The Pavilion will always monitor weather conditions to help keep you safe, but we expect shows to proceed as scheduled except in cases of extreme weather. Note that weather in Texas can change quickly. Please stay aware - we encourage guests to come prepared for potential weather changes.
When severe weather conditions occur within The Pavilion's safety boundary, we may choose to delay a show, adjust start times or opening acts, or on rare occasion, cancel or postpone the event. It is possible that a delay of an hour or more takes place before a cancellation decision is made. Safety is our primary goal, but if we can safely proceed with the event, we will always strive for it to continue. We will communicate updates during delays on this page, from The Pavilion's stage, on screens around The Pavilion, via social media and through our staff.
Please note that no bags or purses are currently allowed at Pavilion events. Please stay alert and remember, if you see something suspicious, tell one of our green or red-shirted staff members, or a member of our uniformed law-enforcement.
We have a professional medical team on-site to help you with medical emergencies or issues as they arise. If you or someone around you needs assistance, look for green or red-shirted staff members, or a member of our uniformed law-enforcement who can help connect you with our medical team. Our medical team is here to help!
- Look out for those around you. If you see someone that looks like they need help, check in with them or talk with a green or red-shirted staff member, or a member of our uniformed law-enforcement. Please bring unacceptable behavior (harassment, unruliness, disrespectfulness) to the attention of our staff.
- Be respectful of those around you. Concerts are loud, high-energy spaces full of people. Our goal is to help everyone enjoy the show - we'd love it if you made it your goal too!
- Stay hydrated. Use the free, filtered water distribution stations around The Pavilion to stay hydrated - Texas summers can really take it out of you!
- For additional information or questions, email [email protected].