July 3, 2011
Gates: 6:30 p.m.
Preferred parking is available at all Ticketmaster locations for $5 plus service charge.
The Pavilion dons red, white and blue July 3 for the return of the Star-Spangled Salute. This free Independence Eve spectacular features the Houston Symphony in a selection of patriotic favorites under the direction of Michael Krajewski. Don’t miss commemorating the birth of our nation by joining the Symphony in this grandiose celebration. It’s an evening of good, old-fashioned family fun complete with cannons blasting from the top of the hill during Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture." Pre-concert activities begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Fidelity Investments Plaza.
Wendel: Fanfare for Freedom
Bernstein/Berens: America from West Side Story
Beckel: Liberty for All
Williams: March from Midway
Rouse/Wendel: Orange Blossom Special
Hadfield/Yackley: Big Smoke
Arr. Hayman: Service Medley
Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture, Opus 49
And other patriotic favorites!
STARTING AT 6:30 P.M.:
- Meet Uncle Sam and have your picture taken with Puffy Pine Cone!
- Listen to Betsy Ross, Paul Revere, Martha and George Washington sing patriotic music!
- See a living Statue of Liberty!
- FREE American flags and patriotic pinwheels, while supplies last!
- Radio Disney Road Crew on hand with games, dancing and prizes!
Lawn chairs are FREE! Picnics are welcome (no outside beverages).
All shows, especially opening acts, are tentative and subject to change without notice.