It is our intention for Pavilion guests to have an enjoyable experience while attending an event. It is also extremely important for our guests to understand that our policies exist for their safety and for the safety of other guests.
This page explains the venue regulations as well as items that are not permitted into the facility and those that are permitted on a show-by-show basis.
Rules & Regulations:
- In the interest of public safety, guests are always subject to a search upon entering the facility. Guests who refuse the search may be denied entrance.
- The Pavilion does not accept backpacks, bags or purses of any kind at our Information Booths.
- No throwing objects of any kind.
- No reselling (scalping) tickets at any time on The Pavilion grounds. You assume all risk when purchasing tickets through a scalper and non-authorized ticket centers.
- No re-entry is permitted once leaving the gates.
- No tailgating is allowed at The Pavilion or in surrounding parking lots.
- Soliciting or vending is not permitted on Pavilion grounds unless previously authorized by Pavilion management.
- No smoking allowed in the reserved seating areas. This includes e-cigarettes.
- Guests who show signs of illegal substance abuse or intoxication may be refused entry.
- Standing or dancing in the aisles is not permitted. (Places of Assembly in the State of Texas, Article 25, Section 25.107).
- Standing ON seats is not allowed as it is an unsafe practice to the guest and those around.
- The Pavilion is considered a No Drone Zone. Flying drones on or over The Pavilion's property is not permitted at any time.
Bag Size Restrictions:
- No bags or purses larger than 8.5" x 11" (the size of a standard size piece of paper) will be allowed into the venue.
- No backpacks of any kind will be permitted.
- Picnics for performing arts shows must comply with the bag size restrictions or be contained in original packaging. Examples: takeout containers, pizza within a pizza box or chips in original sealed packaging.
- Personal food is allowed at contemporary shows in the amount of (1) one gallon Ziploc bag per person.
- All bags, regardless of size or type are subject to a search.
- Please Note: some shows will not allow any bags. For information on these shows please check the designated event page on The Pavilion's website.
- The Pavilion is NOT RESPONSIBLE for bags or personal items left unattended in the venue or outside the gates. All unattended items will be discarded immediately.
Non Permitted Items:
The following items are NOT allowed into The Pavilion. Please leave these items at home or secured in your car.
- Animals: The only exceptions to this rule are “working” animals, such as seeing eye dogs.
- Aerosol cans
- Audio and video equipment
- Backpacks of any kind
- Bags or purses larger than 8.5" x 11"
- Beverages of any kind (due to TABC law). You may bring items for medical purposes but these items must be checked with a gate supervisor and kept in First Aid.
- Ice chests
- Laptops and tablets
- Laser pointers
- Lawn chairs- Due to the slope of our hill personal lawn chairs pose a tumbling risk. Specially designed lawn chairs are available for rent at all contemporary events for $6. Chair rental is free at all performing arts events.
- Face masks
- Portable televisions and radios
- Professional detachable lens cameras (All cameras subject to total ban at artist/ venue discretion)
- Selfie sticks
- Strollers and play pens
- Tents or sun shades
- Large umbrellas
- Weapons: This includes pocket knives, small chains, and spiked jewelry. While it is legal, with a permit, to open carry or carry a concealed handgun in Texas, we do not allow guns in our facility. We are a privately owned property and thus have the right to enforce this rule.
The following items are allowed into The Pavilion. Please be prepared to have your belongings searched.
- Small Blankets: Blankets are permitted at most shows, however, some shows are eligible for a ban on blankets. Dependent on demographic and show history, blankets can be banned at the artist/ venue discretion. Blankets are allowed at performing arts events.
- Cameras: While professional, detachable lens cameras are banned. Simple point and shoot cameras are allowed, at the artists discretion. Cameras and all video or audio recording, including with cell phones, are not allowed at performing arts events.
- Empty plastic water bottles: Empty water bottles are allowed into The Pavilion. Water fountains are available inside the venue for filling.
- Food: Personal food is allowed at contemporary shows in the amount of one (1) one gallon Ziploc bag per person. Unlimited food can be brought in at performing arts events. No liquids of any kind, beverage or edible, are allowed inside The Pavilion.
- Small umbrellas: Small personal sized umbrellas are allowed inside the venue if rain is forecasted. We recommend that guests choose to wear rain garments instead of use umbrellas as umbrellas are sometimes restricted by the artist/ venue.