Each year The Pavilion Partners, the official volunteer organization of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, raises funds to provide area students with fine arts scholarships.
The Pavilion Partners Fine Arts Scholarships are awarded to high school seniors who are majoring in a fine arts program at the college or university of their choice.
To many students, these scholarships are vital to accomplishing a degree in a fine arts discipline. Through the fundraising efforts of The Pavilion Partners, over $1 million has been awarded to fine arts students in the local area. These scholarships range, as funds are available, from $2,500 to over $7,500.
How to Apply for a Scholarship:
The Pavilion Partners Fine arts Scholarships are awarded annually to students based on talent and academic performance. Scholarships are given to students in the following categories: dance, instrumental music, musical theatre, theatre arts, visual art and vocal music.
Graduating senior scholarships start at $2500 and have ranged up to $7500 as funds are available.
Before filling out your application, please review our Scholarship Information and Requirements.
2018 Scholarship Application
Donations can be made in any amount to The Pavilion Partners Fine Arts Scholarship fund. Donor named scholarships can be created in memory or honor of a person starting at $1,500.
If you would like to donate or if you would like to create a donor named scholarship, please click the “Donate Now” button below.
By making a donation to The Pavilion Scholarship Fund, you are enabling deserving students to pursue a career in the arts - and their dreams.
All Fields Are Required.
Scholarships are also available for recent recipients of a Pavilion Partners Fine Arts Scholarship. Applications are evaluated on current academic performance, letters of recommendation, and a personal essay.
Renewal Scholarship awards of $1000 are open to recent recipients of the Pavilion Partners Fine Arts Scholarships. Applicants must be majoring in the Fine Arts and in a field of study consistent with the discipline in which they initially auditioned.
Applications are evaluated on progress made toward a fine arts degree as demonstrated by personal essay, letters of recommendation and official transcript. No auditions or presentations are required. Applicants that are deemed qualified by the Pavilion Partners Scholarship Committee will be awarded a renewal scholarship, as funds are available.
1. All applicants will be notified of award decisions by mid April by email to you and your parent or guardian.
2. All scholarship monies will be paid directly to the college or university in which the recipient enrolls.
3. Scholarship recipients may be invited to perform at a Partners meeting or fundraising event.
4. All applications must be submitted online by midnight March 1, 2018. Only completed applications will be considered (all recommendations and official transcripts must be submitted per the instructions on the application.) Applications will not be accepted after the March 1 deadline.
5. The application is confidential, for exclusive use of the scholarship committee.
2018 Scholarship Renewal Application
Download Scholarship Flyer