This summer, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion’s Web site gets a refreshing new look with the launch of a brand new site. In conjunction with the launch, The Pavilion is conducting an interactive contest, “Launch It, Click It & Win It,” where participants search for answers to questions about The Pavilion on the new site. Winners receive free tickets to Pavilion concerts, performing arts events and more!
With a little online genius, the new site is a contemporary masterpiece. It is designed to showcase the different types of events that take place at The Pavilion, such as contemporary concerts, performing arts events and educational outreach programs. Some of its new features include audio, videos, a media photo gallery and large Flickr gallery, different calendar formats, sharing options and links to The Pavilion’s social networking sites. Site navigation also was improved to help visitors find information more efficiently.
The new site was designed by BubbleUp, Ltd, an internet-based digital media company. Led by highly experienced corporate, internet and entertainment professionals, the Woodlands-based company combines artistic ability with years of experience. BubbleUp has a broad vision of the digital media market and the practical experience to maximize an artist, label or venue’s internet presence. Some of the clients BubbleUp has worked with include Jimmy Buffett, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, the Zac Brown Band, BB King’s club in Nashville, Orlando and Memphis, Michael W. Smith, Steve Songs, Foreigner and many others.
The “Launch It, Click It & Win It” contest was created to encourage individuals to familiarize themselves with the new site and learn a few things about The Pavilion they didn’t already know. Here is how the contest works.
- Visit www.woodlandscenter.org and click on the “Launch It, Click It & Win It” graphic to download the questions. Answers to all of the questions can be found on The Pavilion’s site.
- Once all of the answers have been found, submit them to The Pavilion via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The answers should be numbered to match the questions if they are sent in the body of the e-mail. Entries submitted through Facebook, Twitter or other mediums will not be accepted.
- The first person to submit all of the correct answers wins the Grand Prize of two lawn tickets to the Dave Matthews Band concert Sept. 10, plus two Woodforest Bank VIP Club passes for the show and dinner for two at Tommy Bahama.
- Three additional prizes will be awarded including four box seats to the Houston Symphony’s performance of The Planets-An HD Odyssey Sept. 30, two lawn tickets to the Kings of Leon concert Sept. 22, and a family four-pack of Children’s Festival tickets. First, second and third place winners will be determined by a random drawing from all entries with the correct answers that are submitted by the deadline (5 p.m., July 30, 2010).
- Winners will be announced Aug. 2.
- Participants under 18 years of age must have the permission of a parent or guardian. There is no fee to enter this contest. Only one entry per person.
Cool off this summer by surfing The Pavilion’s improved, interactive Web site and playing “Launch It, Click It & Win It.” It could result in an ultra-cool concert experience!
For more information about The Pavilion, visit www.woodlandscenter.org or look for The Pavilion on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
# # #
For over 20 seasons, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion has been a part of The Center for the Performing Arts at The Woodlands, a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization that provides diverse, high-quality performing arts events for the entertainment and enrichment of a broad regional audience. Through numerous educational and community outreach programs, The Center is a catalyst for attracting new audiences to the performing arts and building strong ties between the arts and educational institutions.