Applicants are to provide three (3) videos in total. The first video is to be an introduction video. The second and third videos are to be the audition videos.
Videos are to be recorded in a neutral setting such as in a home, classroom, studio space, or on a stage. No special lighting or camera is required; however, it is recommended that applicants research various strategies and guidelines on how to create engaging speaking videos and performance video auditions that highlight their talents.
Applicants must adhere to the following directions.
Introduction Video (1 total)
- Using a medium close-up (head and shoulders) camera angle, introduce yourself and state your name.
- Answer the following questions:
- What will your major be in college?
- What do you want to do after you graduate from college?
- What dance activities are you involved with?
Audition Videos (2 total)
- Using a camera angle that shows your entire body, present two (2) brief solos of contrasting styles–such as ballet and jazz–using music of your choice that highlight your technical abilities, creativity, and personality.
- You may use either an accompaniment track or an accompanist for your music.
- Costumes should be minimal, modest, and appropriate for the styles of dance you choose to perform.
- No editing of a video is allowed.
- Files to be named as follows: